All are welcome!
Worship 10:00 am
Adult Bible Study 9:00 am
Sunday School 11:15 am
Join us each Sunday morning at 10:00am for Worship!
- Everyone welcome -
Have you made a confession faith? Are you a member of Abundant Harvest?
Would you like to consider baptism?
Please contact Pastor Chuck 317-872-7190 for a conversation about your spiritual journey.
OUR NEXT MONDAY MEAL
Be sure to come to our Monday Meal on Monday, October 23 at 6:30pm and share in some family time over a meal with us. Bring a dish! Bring a drink! Bring a friend!
LAITY SUNDAY—5th SUNDAY FELLOWSHIP—SUNDAY, OCTOBER 29
Every year there are four 5th Sundays. Here at Abundant Harvest these Sundays are a unique time when we meet for fellowship. The 5th Sunday in October will be particularly joy filled for a number of reasons.
- The most important reason is that we are worshipping our Lord Jesus Christ together!
- A second reason is that during our worship time brunch will also be enjoyed. Tables will be set up in the sanctuary and during the service a time to gather food will take place after which we will return to our worship time.
- A third reason is that following worship you will have to get to know the wonderful people God will bring together at 79th and Ditch and learn more about what is happening at Abundant Harvest.
Please bring a breakfast related dish to share be it a breakfast casserole, fruit, muffins or whatever else sounds yummy to you. Drinks and paper products will be provided.
ABUNDANT HARVEST UMC CLASS MEETING
And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds
- What have you done during the past week so that Christ will be better known and loved in your:
- Christian Community
- During the past week when did you feel closest to Christ?
- During the past week when did you feel you were responding to God’s call to disciple?
- Where did you participate in being the Church this past week?
- When was your faith tested this past week through failure?
- What is your plan this coming week to follow John’s Wesley’s three simple rules?
JOHN WESLEY’S THREE SIMPLE RULES
- Do no harm.
- Do good.
- Stay in love with God.
SUGGESTIONS FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH
- Morning devotions
- Daily/regular prayers
- Worship attendance
- Spiritual retreat
- Daily Bible reading
- Attending Bible study/Sunday school class
- Intentional acts of kindness
That special time of year is fast approaching for Christmas Shoeboxes! Abundant Harvest is sending Christmas Shoeboxes to orphans living at Loma de la Luz in Balfate, Honduras. If you would like to participate, please take one or more shoeboxes from the birthday card table today and a corresponding card that gives the name and age of the child.
Reminder please not send liquids, gels, or war-themed toys.
Bring your filled shoeboxes back to the church no later than Sunday, October 22.
We plan to ship them out by the end of October and we don’t want anyone left out!
GREAT BANQUET EXPERIENCE IS COMING
Great Banquet Experience is coming! This is a life changing experience! Men's Weekend is November 9-12 and Women's Weekend is November 16-18 held in Fishers! The Great Banquet is a 72-hour experience, beginning on Thursday evening and ending Sunday evening. For three days, guests live and study together in a worshipful time of singing, prayer and discussion. During each of the fifteen talks given by laity and clergy, the theme of God's grace is presented. Guests participate in the daily celebration of Holy Communion and examine more fully the presence of Christ in His body of believers. They personally experience His grace through the prayers and acts of a loving, Christian support community. If you are interested in additional information or would like to go and are in need of a sponsor, please let Courtney Porter know!
Phone: 765-425-0932 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLECTIONS FOR AWOL (ALL WORTHY OF LOVE)
Just a friendly reminder that winter is just around the corner. We will be collecting hats, gloves, scarves, coats and socks beginning on Sunday, September 24.
Look for the bin just outside the Sanctuary.
A special heartfelt thank you to all who continue each week to make sandwiches, deliver sandwiches, and ride-out in car crews to support AWOL (All Worthy of Love),
its facilitators and those it serves.
The next Men’s Meeting is set for Saturday, November 4 at 8:00am.
Coffee will be served. All men welcomed!
PRAYER LINE AT ABUNDANT HARVEST
If you are not on the Abundant Harvest Prayer Line and would like to be added, just let
John Laburda know on Sundays or send him an email at
CHARGE CONFERENCE 2017
Mark your calendars for Charge Conference 2017—Abundant Harvest is scheduled at Union Chapel UMC on Sunday, November 19 at 3:30pm. Look for future information in the Bulletin.
PAPER & PLASTIC RECYCLING IN THE KITCHEN
Abundant Harvest is recycling paper and plastic in the kitchen. You can’t miss the blue recycle bin. Questions? See Pastor or Lori Tapscott.
Abundant Harvest UMC has filled our opening for a
Pianist/Organist who can also help with the Adult Choir!
Come to worship on Sunday, October 1 to meet
Don Degenhardt, our new Director of Music Ministry/Organist!
SHOP FOR GROCERIES AND EARN A BIT FOR THE CHURCH!
**** Help us out by doing what you already do ****
KROGER—3% to Abundant Harvest: Go online to enroll in Kroger Community Rewards, choose Abundant Harvest UMC and use your Kroger Plus Card when you shop. AHUMC receives a check from Kroger for the 3% of the dollars you spend at Kroger. Be sure to re-enroll online in 2017! CONSIDER THIS SIMPLE FUNDRAISING EFFORT TO BENEFIT OUR CHURCH!
Adult Study Groups are abundant here!
- Join us on Sundays 9:00am for the Mustard Seeds Adult Study in the Library.
- You've Got Mail Adult Study follows Worship at 11:15am in the Library. Contact the office at 317-872-7190 or email@example.com if you want to be included in weekly You've Got Mail Email Blasts.
- Also, meeting at 11:15am in the Parlor is the The Disciples in Training Adult Study.
Try them out!
May the Lord bless you abundantly!
Abundant Harvest UMC
7840 Ditch Road, Indianapolis, IN 46260
on the corner of 79th Street and Ditch Road
Please email or call if you or your organization is interested in renting facilities for
one-time events or weekly/monthly events and meetings.