CHURCH OFFICE HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:00 AM -12:00 PM
9:00 am Mustard Seeds Adult Study (Library)
10:00 am Worship
11:15 am You’ve Got Mail Adult Study (Library)
11:15 am The Disciples in Training (Parlor)
11:15 am Sunday School
6:30 pm Staff Parish Relations Committee (Library)
6:30 pm Monday Meal Group (Kitchen)
6:30 pm Harcourt Springs Neighborhood Meeting (Fellowship Hall)
6:30 am Prayer Group (Library)
HOW DO I LOVE THEE?
“How Do I Love Thee?" launches today. Be sure to take home one of the program leaflets, and bring it back next Sunday for community sharing.
PRAYER LINE AT ABUNDANT HARVEST
If you are not on the Abundant Harvest Prayer Line and would like to be added, just let John Laburda know on Sundays or send him an email at
firstname.lastname@example.org. “Pray thoughtfully and pray often.”
PAPER & PLASTIC RECYCLING IN THE KITCHEN
Thanks to our very own Lori Tapscott, we will be recycling paper and plastic in the kitchen! You can’t miss the new blue recycle bin.
Family Time AT ABUNDANT HARVEST
Your presence makes a difference! Join us on Monday, August 21 at 6:30pm in the kitchen! Reminder we meet every other Monday. Bring a dish and a drink! Consider bringing a friend with you!
BOXES OF LOVE BY ABUNDANT HARVEST
We are making boxes of love for our college students and those in active military service. We know you would like to support them.
Please bring any of the following and leave in the kitchen:
*Protein bars *Ramen Noodles
*Microwave Mac/Cheese *Pringles-small cans
*Popcorn bags *Slim Jim Stick
*StarBurst wrapped candy
*Small packages of wrapped cookies/crackers
Jill Hood will be boxing everything up and making sure the treats arrive at their intended destination so if you have any questions, please contact her or the church office. Our plan is complete the boxes by the beginning of September! Thanks for your help and for sending your love to our kids!
ELECTRONIC RECYCLING IS ON AT ABUNDANT HARVEST
Our next community recycling event is Saturday, September 9 from 9am-12pm in our front parking lot. Start brining your electronics in now to Room 13. Thank YOU for sharing in our partnership with RecycleForce! Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Office.
STAFF PARISH RELATIONS & ANNUAL EVALUATIONS
One of the responsibilities of the staff parish committee is to complete annual evaluations of the church staff. We’re currently working toward this goal and welcome input from any congregant of firsthand information you believe will be relevant in forming these evaluations. You may contact any committee member listed below to pass along your thoughts via email or phone (if number is listed).
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your time in this very important process!
- Lori Wickstrom: email@example.com or 317-446-4238
- Bill Hicks: firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-496-3047
- Laura Spadaro: email@example.com
- Bill Moss: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff Parish Relations Committee will meet on Sunday, August 20 at 6:30pm in the Library.
BAPTISM SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 27
Afia Griffith will present baby Faith for Christian Baptism on Sunday, August 27. Have you made a confession faith? Are you a member of Abundant Harvest? Would you like to consider baptism? Please contact Pastor Chuck 317-872-7190 for a conversation about your spiritual journey.
SEARCH FOR A MUSIC DIRECTOR
We are conducting an aggressive search for a new music director. Here is a summary of our process:
- Posted the position on the Central District website and in the weekly newsletter
- Posted the position on the website of the Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Networked among the nine churches in our cluster group
- Contacted and posted with the following colleges and universities: Butler University; University of Indianapolis; Christian Theological Seminary; Marian University, DePauw University
- Made personal inquiries with music leadership at North UMC, St. Luke’s UMC, Roberts Park UMC, United Methodist Credit Union
- Networked and posted at Meridian Music Center
- Advertised the position on our church sign
- Responded to many phone inquiries in the church office
- Received and reviewed submitted resumes
- Pastor has contacted and interviewed several persons
- The Music Search Committee has conducted several formal interviews
- Nextdoor - reached out to our neighborhood community online
As you can see, we are prayerfully and actively searching for a competent and committed person to play the organ/piano and direct our choir. Please join us in prayer and your recommendations.
On Sunday, June 25, we held a town-hall meeting following the morning service. We discussed the urgent matter of our finances. In 2016 our expenses were more than $21,000 over our income. Obviously, we cannot continue down this same path and maintain viability. This information was shared in the meeting, and small group discussion was initiated around the tables. How do we move forward? What can we do differently? How do we enlist more people to attend and support our church? What is our mission and how do we respond faithfully?
Right now, in the light of our challenges, the greatest need is prayer for divine guidance and a willingness to respond generously to this need.